Saturday, January 23, 2010

summer


Slow down for a while. Wait a minute. Hold on a second. Stop.

Throw your troubles away. Forget the hurtful words. Put your worries on hold. Disremeber your memories. Ignore your plans. Stop waiting for answers. Be oblivious to the longing. Don't think about the reasons. Erase your regrets.

Take all of this and put it down. Right beside you. So you can take it back when you're done and want to become your self again.

Lay down. Spread your arms. Breathe deeply. Smell the grass. Close your eyes. Feel the warm sun on your skin.

Let go. And now... dream to me.

Thank you so much, my dear friend, for the photo and for you.

6 comments:

  1. this is the best advice I got this year..no wait..this is the best advice period. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. and sometimes I almost believe it's doable... and I think for me that can only happen right there, where that photo was taken. that is the place I can imagine to be at the moment when I allow myself to just let go of the baggage and dream in a quiet voice...

    ReplyDelete
  3. and so all I really have here is nothing more than an imaginary dream...

    ReplyDelete
  4. at least you have a dream :)
    c'mon smile cuz it could be a lot worse, you could have nightmares about it

    and I know that sometimes pessimism is better, cuz let's face it, you're either right, or you're pleasantly surprised. so that particular place can be anywhere, it doesn't always has to be beautiful to be beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. can't fight that... if you're right, you're right: pleasant surprises are the best, and I have a tendency to prefer being right. so... why exactly should one be optimistic?

    teasing aside, you do have a point about it being no as bad as it could be, and anywhere is good as long as you look at it the right way.

    ReplyDelete