Thursday, April 15, 2010

give

sometimes I wake up missing something I never lost
sometimes I loose things I never had
sometimes I have things I never needed
sometimes I need things I never knew
sometimes I know things I never fought
sometimes I fight things I never understood
sometimes I understand things you never say
sometimes you say things I regret
sometimes I regret what I cannot forget
sometimes I forget things I am
sometimes I am the things I promised
sometimes I promise things you don't trust
sometimes I trust you to try
sometimes I try to tell the demons away
sometimes I tell myself enough is enough
sometimes I tell myself I'm not enough
sometimes I wish I was

and sometimes I can almost belive that even though I can't fight my own wars, I can win yours. and then you can quiet mine.
but some time I will give up if you give nothing.

4 comments:

  1. Sometimes we give up way too easily
    Sometimes we can easily persist on reciprocity
    Sometimes reciprocity doesn’t mean dependency
    Sometimes we deny our reliance on each other
    Sometimes this reliance get’s us through
    Sometimes getting through ain’t an option
    Sometimes the only option is to run away
    Sometimes running away is just an alibi
    Sometimes our alibis cover up a more profound reality
    Sometimes the reality is we can’t handle our feelings
    Sometimes that feeling is called love
    Sometimes love just ain’t enough
    Sometimes it should be more than enough
    Sometimes it’s too much


    Sometimes too much of something positive it’s better than a negative nothing
    Sometimes we expect nothing, while we give everything.

    So some time if you just gave something, anything, it could make me immortal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sometimes something is everything I expect.
    sometimes something is not enough.
    sometimes something else is missing.
    sometimes anything is what I don't have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sometimes anything you lack, some one else can provide.
    sometimes what's missing can be found.
    sometimes something can be sufficient.
    sometimes everything is something you didn't expect. :)

    (by the by "sometimes something else is missing" more than brilliant)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pleased to meet you!
    Here's my own (well, maybe more general) version http://www.danielavladimirova.it/index.php/?p=32
    And thank you for your kind words! All the best - I'll be watching you :D

    ReplyDelete